Natural Gas pipeline and its associated facilities are covered under various regulations and require specific approval from concerned authorities. Various regulations, interalia applicable are as under:
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB) Act’2006.
- Policy for development of Natural Gas Pipelines and City or Local Natural gas Distribution Netwroks.
- Guidelines for Environmental clearance of new projects – 1981
- The Environment (Protection ) Act -1986
- Water ( Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act 1974
- Air ( Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act 1981
- The Petroleum and Mineral Pipelines (Acquisition of Right of Users in Land) Act, 1962.
- Manufacture ,Storage & import of Hazardous chemical Rules-1989
- National Highway Act, 1956
- Railway Act , 1989
In addition all other statutory approvals required for laying of the pipelines across rail, road and water body (canals/rivers etc.) crossings and other utility crossings as notified by local authorities / State etc. shall be applicable.