- 1. Tell me about yourself
- You should take this opportunity to show your communication skills by speaking clearly and concisely in an organized manner. Because there is no right or wrong answer for this question, it is important to appear friendly. Remember to keep it short & simple.
- Hi, My name is XYZ. I was born & brought up in ABC.
- I attended (your college name) where I graduated in Mechanical Engineering.
- After completing my graduation, I worked for (company name where you have worked) for almost X years.
- There I was working as an Assistant Manager & my role include (functions that you are doing in the company).
- After that I joined (your college name ) for my post graduation. My major subjects include (tell the subject that you have studied in your masters & have confident about it).
- After my masters, I joined (company name where you have worked) in (yr) where I am working right now. Here, my roles includes (functions that you are doing in the company).
- From family point of view, I have 1 sister & 1 brother, My father work in (company name) & my mother is a housewife.
- I like to play cricket & in my free time I like to play with my pets.
2. What are your strength?
- I believe my strongest trait is my attention to detail. This trait has helped me tremendously in this field of work.
3. What are your weaknesses?
For this answer, you should display a weakness that can be seen as a strength
- This might be bad, but in college I found that I procrastinated a lot. I realized this problem, and I’m working on it by finishing my work ahead of schedule.
4. What are your short term goals?
This question primarily depends on where you are in your career. A person with 5 years of experience will have different short term goals than a person with no work experience
- My short term goal is to find a position where I can use the knowledge and strengths that I have. I want to partake in the growth and success of the company I work for.
5. What are your long term goals?
This question is asked to see how serious a candidate is about his or her career.
- I would like to become an experienced engineer who can work on any challenging project by himself/herself. This might be a little ambitious, but I know I’m smart, and I’m willing to work hard.
6. What do you want to be doing five years from now?
- In five years, I see myself as a valued employee of a company. I want to be an expert in my field so that I can train the person working under me well.
7. How do you make important decision?
- I make important decisions by examining all the details and then weighing the pro’s and con’s for each decision.
8. Do you manage your time well?
- I know I manage my time well because I’m never late to work, and I’ve never missed a deadline.
9. How do you handle change?
Dealing with change is common in the work place. A simple yes will not be sufficient to impress the interviewer.
- I handle changes smoothly. Whenever there’s a change of any sort, I analyze the situation and I always try to find ways I can contribute to the change in a positive way.
10. If you could change one thing about personality, what would it be & why?
- I have high expectations on others. I think everyone has their own understanding & way of doing work. Every time it is not good to interfere in the way of doing work if it gives a good results. The only thing is, if the way of doing work is positive & good. I think I would have to believe in other also.
11. What does success mean to you?
- To me, success means to have a goal, plan the steps to achieve the goal, implement the plan, and finally achieve the goal.
12. What does failure mean to you?
- Failure is when I do not reach my goal.
13. Do you work well under pressure?
- I work well under pressure because I don’t panic. I maintain self control and work as efficiently as possible.
14. Are you an organized person?
- I believe I’m very organized. I like to organize my work by priority and deadlines
15. What do you know about our product?
For such question, It is always necessary to have some research regarding their product before going for an Interview.
- Pls. explain all the thing regarding their product technically as well as financial. Also, you can add some benefits of the product in the near future or by modifying some of the parameter, It can also be launched in the specific market.
16. What did you hear about us?
I feel this question is not to quiz you about your knowledge about the company. It also doesn’t test if you researched this company or not. I feel that this question is to find out what you know before they explain some things about there company.
- I have heard that XYZ company is the leader in manufacturing ABC. It has so many branches all over the country/world. So, it is the best company to work for.
17. What aspects of this job interest you the most?
- Here, tell them the different work that you need to do by taking this position. Be specific to one point & explain that point well.
18. Why should we hire you?
- There are two reasons I should be hired. First, my qualifications match your needs perfectly. Second, I’m excited and passionate about this industry and will always give 100%.